Saturday's main program was presented in the hotel's Paddle Room with ten featured steel guitarists. Students from the Chiefess Kamakahelei Middle School Chorus and ‘Ukulele Band under the direction of Elias Gonzales joined Joey Misailidis' performance, and students from the Kapa‘a Middle School Choir and ‘Ukulele Band under the direction of Mary Lardizabal joined Mālie Lyman's performance.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Alan Akaka with Kaua'i County Mayor Derek Kawakami who presented a mayoral proclamation to the festival.
- Alan Akaka, Mayor Derek Kawakami, and David Sproat.
- Festival emcee Lady Ipo Kahaunaele-Ferreira.
- The festival kicked off with a singing of The Doxology.
- Nelson Armitage, Alan Akaka, and Kaua'i County Mayor Derek Kawakami.
- Featured steel guitarist Kilipaki Vaughan with Nelson Armitage and Jenn Waipa.
- Mehana Vaughan and Lady Ipo Kahaunaele-Ferreira danced hula for Kilipaki.
- Kilipaki Vaughan on the steel guitar, Mehana Vaughan, Nelson Armitage, Jenn Waipa, David Sproat, and Lady Ipo Kahaunaele-Ferreira.
- The Waipa Serenaders: Nelson Armitage, Jenn Waipa, and David Sproat.
- Six-year old Ana Vaughan and mom Mehana Vaughan dance Nani Waialeale.
- Kilipaki's 10-year old son Piko sang and played the 'ukulele.
- From left: Kilipaki Vaughan, Nelson Armitage, Ana Vaughan, Piko Vaughan, Mehana Vaughan, Jenn Waipa, and David Sproat.
- Kilipaki Vaughan with the Waipa Serenaders.
- Dr. Mehana Vaughan.
- Kaleo Carvalho from the Mayor's Office offered a song, backed up by the Waipa Serenaders.
- Heu'i Bandmann danced a hula .Rear: Kilipaki Vaughan, Nelson Armitage, Jenn Waipa, and David Sproat.
- Adam Asing.
- Featured steel guitarist Kapono Lopes with Adam Asing and Kaipo Asing.
- Adam, Kapono, and Kaipo.
- Members of the Chiefess Kamakahelei Miiddle School Chorus and Ukulele Band under the direction of Elias Gonzales perform with featured steel guitarist JoeyMisailidis and sister Tai.
- The audience enjoying the CKMS performance.
- The CKMS Chorus and Ukulele Band with Joey and Tai Misailidis.
- The CKMS Chorus and Ukulele Band with featured steel guitarist and vocalist Joey Misailidis and sister Tai on the U-bass.
- CKMS Chorus and Ukulele Band director Elias Golzales directs the group.
- Members of the audience engaged in the performance.
- The Chorus sings as Joey plays.
- Featured steel guitarist Dave ''DK'' Kolars from Dekalb, Illinois, accompanied by Adam and Kaipo Asing.
- Adam Asing, Dave Kolars, and KaipoAsing. Dave is playing an acoustic steel guitar he constructed himself.
- Adam, Dave, and Kaipo.
Back to Gallery: 2019 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2019 by Don Touchi and HIMELE.