Behind the Scenes 1
Photos capturing some of the behind the scenes activity at the 2019 festival.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Sunrise at the Courtyard.
- Another view of the sunrise.
- Downtime at the steel exhibit table with Judy Van Sickle Maierhofer, Sandy Sardinha, Geri Valdriz, and Larry Holu.
- Paul Moody with Sandy Sardinha at the festival store.
- Julie Hendricks with a souvenir from last year's Maui Steel Guitar Festival which included Elvis tribute artist Darren Lee.
- Hawaiian Creative Video videographer Dorrian Lizama.
- Some members of the Kauaʻi Steel Guitar Festival class of 2019. Front: Greg Sardinha, Alan Akaka, Larry Holu, Bolbby Ingano, Geri Valdriz. Rear: Mālie Lyman, Kekai Chock, Kaipo Asing, Kapono Lopes, Dave ʻʻDKʻʻ Kolars, Addison Ching, Pomaikaʻi Lyman.
- Some of the NextGen waiting patiently at the Hawaiian Airlines Honolulu gate waiting to board.
- The NextGen with Bobby Ingano at Lihue airport.
- After the Thursday school visitation the group dined at Waipouli Deli.
- Tai has earned the nickname ʻʻTaibascoʻʻ for her culinary preference. Sister Joey and mom SooJean are in the background.
- Statuary at the Courtyard Kauaʻi.
- Another picture of Friday's sunrise.
- Breakfast after Friday's school visitation was at Tip Top Cafe. From left: Ethan Goore, Mālie Lyman, Tai Misailidis, Bobby Ingano, Joey Misailidis, Pono Fernandez, and Alan Akaka.
- Sunrise image as seen through a camera viewfinder.
- Saturdayʻs sunrise at the Courtyard.
Back to Gallery: 2019 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2019 by Don Touchi Photos, unless otherwise noted. All photos ©2019 by HIMELE.