School Visitations - Kapa'a Middle School
A school demonstration team visited the Kapa'a Middle School to provide a presentation about the Hawaiian Steel Guitar showing students why the instrument is important to Hawaiian music and culture, providing musical selections that include the steel guitar, and giving students hands-on experiences with the instruments.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Kapa'a Middle School campus.
- School signage.
- Some of the school visitation team: Bobby Ingano, Joey Misailidis, Mālie Lyman, Tai Misailidis, and Alan Akaka.
- Alan Akaka was in charge of the presentation.
- Bobby Ingano and Malie Lyman await their presentation.
- Alan explains while Joey demonstrates.
- Joey Misailidis.
- The assembly. Class instructor Mary Lardizabal is recording Alanʻs presentation.
- Another view of the assembly.
- Mālie demonstrates her steel guitar skills, accompanied by Tai and Joey.
- The group goes over one of the songs that will be performed at the festivalʻs main program.
- Bobby and Mālie on the steel guitar with Tai, Joey and Alan accompanying.
- Mālie shares her singing with the group, accompanied by Bobby, Tai, and Joey.
- Dr. John Misailidis and Pomaika'i Lyman.
- Class instructor Mary Lardizabal joined in on the keyboard.
- Mary Lardizabal.
- Alan, Joey, and instructor Lardizabal.
- Pomaika'i Lyman shared a song.
Back to Gallery: 2018 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2018 by Don Touchi and HIMELE.