Behind the Scenes
Photos capturing some of the activity that goes on behind the scenes of the festival.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Sunrise in Kapa'a.
- Saturday morning sunrise in Kapa'a.
- Larry Holu and Geronimo ''Geri'' Valdriz.
- Alexis and Andrea Tolentino.
- Ron Tolentino.
- Vickie Van Fetchmann and another festival guest purchasing festival t-shirts.
- Sunday's sunrise, or lack of it.
- Dorrie and Buddy Lizama from Hawaiian Creative Video videographed the main program.
- Alexis Tolentino checking for messages.
- Andrea Tolentino snaps a photo. Videographer Dorrie Lizama is in the background.
- Julie Hendriks snaps a photo.
- Some of the festival performers arrived on Thursday. Front: Joey and Tai Misailidis and Mālie Lyman. Rear: Bobby Ingano and Pomaika'i Lyman.
- First stop: Tip Top Cafe in Lihue for breakfast and a little local color.
- Photographer Don Touchi gets ready to capture the moment of ordering. Photo by Addison Ching.
- And he attacks. Photo by Addison Ching.
- Don Touchi getting the ladies from a different angle. Photo by Addison Ching.
- Some of the local color in Tip Top Cafe. Photo by Addison Ching.
- Don Touchi gives Alan Akaka, Addison Ching, and Dr. John Misailidis equal time.
- Don has a strange effect on Sharon Ching and Bobby Ingano.
- Joey and Mālie.
- Tai Misailidis and Pomaikaʻi Lyman.
- Rehearsing for the Open Stage are Larry Holu, Addison Ching, and steel guitarist Aaron Benolkin from Alaska.
- Festival banner in the hotel lobby. Photo by Addison Ching.
- Impromptu lobby kanikapila at Sunday checkout time with Alan Akaka, Joey Misailidis, and Alexis Tolentino.
- Alexis, Alan and Joey.
- Ron and Alexis, and Andrea Tolentino and Alan Akaka.
- Alexis, Ron, Julie Hendriks, and Andrea.
- Robyn Kneubuhl, Alan Akaka, SooJean Misailidis, Joey Misailidis, and Alexis Tolentino.
- Alan Akaka, Joey Misailidis, Alexis Tolentino, and Stephanie Sundius.
- Robyn Kneubuhl from the Aloha Music Camp.
- Robyn Kneubuhl.
- Claire Kilcoyne, Alan Akaka, Joey and Tai, Alexis, and Stephanie Sundius.
- Julie Hendriks with her ʻʻMango Mangoʻʻ ʻukulele shaped like a mango and made of mango wood.
Back to Gallery: 2018 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2018 by Don Touchi Photos, unless otherwise noted. All photos ©2018 by HIMELE.