Public kanikapila jam sessions were held on Friday and Saturday evenings in the hotel's Makai Lounge. Festival guests, Aloha Music Camp participants, and hotel guests all joined in the fun.
Drag mouse over thumbnails and click to select picture or use controls for slideshow.
- Lots of steel guitar players at Friday's kanikapila in the Makai Lounge.
- Kanikapila guests showed up with a variety of instuments including many guitars and ʻukulele.
- Audience perspective from the Makai Lounge stage.
- Guests anxiously awaiting the start of the kanikapila.
- Alexis Tolentino, where is your steel guitar?
- Alan Akaka led the kanikapila.
- Paul Moody, Joe Stewart, Alan Akaka, and Mālie Lyman.
- Ke Kula Mele represent: From left: Alan Akaka, Mālie Lyman, Mark Alan Mendes, Larry Holu, and Alexis Tolentino.
- Kris Oka with Jim and Kathleen Mattern.
- Kanikapila guests enjoying themselves.
- Kaua'i vocalist and musician Michael Keale joined in the fun.
- Saturday's kanikapila was well attended.
- Some of the group waiting to get started.
- Some guests also participated in Fridayʻs kanikapila but there were many new faces.
- More kanikapila fun.
- Vickie Van Fechtmann, Jeanne Holbrook Skybrook, and Mark Segelman.
- Vickie Van Fechtmann, Jeanne Holbrook Skybrook, and Mark Segelman, with Gale Warshawsky in the foreground.
- A nice gathering of musicians and a nice assortment of instruments.
- Linda and Jeff Lowe.
- Hula by Linda Lowe.
Back to Gallery: 2017 Festival
Photography by Don Touchi ©2017 by Don Touchi Photos and HIMELE.